Planning a CPD Event and INDI Endorsement - New Guidelines
It is important that the INDI strives to ensure that CPD events organised for our members are of high quality, effective and relevant to the profession. Endorsement of CPD activities offers an opportunity for providers of formal CPD activities to apply for approval in the form of INDI CPD endorsement. However, preparing an application for endorsement is just one of the many steps involved in the process of formal CPD delivery. If you are involved in the organisation of a study day, course, clinical meeting, symposium or conference, it is important to be familiar with all of the steps contained within our new guidelines 'Planning a CPD Event and the INDI CPD Endorsement Process'.
Those eligible to apply for INDI CPD Endorsement include INDI SIG's, Corporate Partners and other relevant professional organisations. Successful endorsement applicants can advertise their event as an INDI CPD endorsed activity and are premitted to use the INDI CPD endorsement logo on any resources or materials relating to the endorsed event. In addition, a template certificate of attendance/completion will be provided, as required, to successful applicants including the INDI CPD endorsement logo and disclaimer.
The guidelines for Planning a CPD Event and the INDI CPD Endorsement Process, as well as the relevant application forms and documents are available for download below. All applications and communications regarding INDI CPD endorsement should be directed to the INDI CPD Endorsement Committee at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that the email address email@example.com is not currently in operation).
Applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully to ensure submission of correct and complete applications, thereby avoiding delays in processing. See INDI CPD Endorsement Checklist below.
INDI CPD Endorsement Checklist for Applicants
1. Ensure that you are familiar with the steps in the new INDI CPD planning and endorsement guide
2. Ensure all sections of the endorsement application form are completed in full detail, including:
- Outline of how topic/subject is appropriate and relevant to profession
- Outline of how the CPD event will develop the Dietitian and/or outline of how the CPD event will support high quality service provision.
- Clearly stated Learning Outcomes (LO’s)
- Clearly stated intended audience and level of knowledge to be supplied
- Sufficient evidence that the content is evidence-based, well-referenced and reflects best practice guidelines. This can be provided in the form of a synopsis or abstract of the content with an adequate/appropriate list of references, as well as a signed disclaimer that the content is evidence-based.
- Details of design and format of CPD Event, including methods used for delivery (e.g. presentations, workshops, role-play etc)
3. Include a final programme/agenda with time assigned to learning activities
4. Include biographies of all those involved in developing content and delivery of the CPD event
5. Include a signed agreement of the Terms and Conditions of INDI CPD Endorsement (including agreement to conduct an event evaluation and submit report to INDI within 3 months of the CPD event as well as agreement to provide delegates with an opportunity for reflection.)